Installation / Setup Tips
|How to change boot sequence on x86 QuantaMesh Switch (For IX1 and IX2)|
By default, the boot order is iPXE > SATA > USB on these switch models. This document provide the instruction to change boot order on following x86 QuantaMesh Switch.
It applies to following models,
- BMS T4048-IX2 (x86 CPU) (PN 1IX2UZZ0STE, 1IX2UZZ0STF)
- BMS T7032-IX1 (x86 CPU) (PN 1IX1UZZ0ST6, 1IX1UZZ0ST7)
- Cumulus Linux T4048-IX2 (x86 CPU) (PN 1IX2UZZ0STG, 1IX2UZZ0STH)
- Cumulus Linux T7032-IX1 (x86 CPU) (PN 1IX1UZZ0ST8, 1IX1UZZ0ST9)
- Connect to console port of switch and power on the switch.
- Access U-boot environment (click this link for instruction)
- in U-boot, type "bootorder" to display current boot order. "/[email protected]/*@14" is boot from iPXE. "/[email protected]/*@18/[email protected]/[email protected]" is boot from hard drive (SATA). "/[email protected]/[email protected]/[email protected]/[email protected]/usb-*@1" is boot from usb.
- Type "bootorder device1 device2 device3" to change boot order. Following example change boot sequence to sata, iPXE then usb.
- type "reset" and it takes effects after reboot.
- During boot up, you can see the boot order changed (console access only).