A Powerful Top-of-Rack Switch for Datacenter and Cloud Computing
Datacenter networks are facing a major paradigm shift toward the disaggregation of software and hardware. This move, combined with the benets of software-dened networking (SDN) allows network administrators respond quickly to changing business requirements at a lower capital cost as well as reducing the network operations complexity.
QuantaMesh BMS products offer higher performance, increased availability, low latency and better serviceability. QuantaMesh T5016-LB8D supports 16 QSFP+ (10/40GbE speed) ports in a compact 1U size. By leveraging merchant silicon chips, T5016-LB8D is a high performance high density Ethernet switch with an aordable price for the deployment of data center infrastructure. With ONIE (Open Network Installation Environment) pre-loaded on QuantaMesh BMS switches, it provides the exibility and allows choice of network operating system supported by ONIE installer. This provides agile installation process and faster response for the changing business demand.
16 40GbE QSFP+ ports
Out-of-band management port (RJ-45, 10/100/1000Base-T)
|Maximum forwarding rate||
Broadcom StrataXGS Trident+
NXP PPC P2020
|Redundant power supply||
90% maximum relative humidity
192 watts (L2 64B line rate; 10G-SR optics, 100% fan duty)
UL, cUL, CB
CE, FCC, VCCI
Reduction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) 6
|Supported Optics and Cables|
|Supported Optics and Cables||
DAC cable (QSFP+): 1m, 3m, and 5m
DAC cable (QSFP+, fan-out): 1m, 3m, and 5m
AOC cable (QSFP+, 850nm, MMF): 7m, 10m, and 20m
40G optic (QSFP+, MPO, 850nm, MMF): 10GBASE-SR4
40G optic (QSFP+, LC, 1310nm, SMF): 10GBASE-LR4
Installation / Setup Tips (4)
- 1. [Switch] Can I change the Network Operating System (NOS) on the QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch?
- 2. [Switch] Can I replace the power supply unit (PSU) and fan to a different direction airflow by myself?
- 3. [Switch] The redundant power supply unit (PSU) in QuantaMesh Switch.
- 4. [Switch] Why did the ports suddenly go down on QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch with evaluation license of QuantaMesh Network OS ?
- 1. [Switch] How can I evaluate the QuantaMesh Network OS (QNOS) on the QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch?
- 2. [Switch] What is SDN-ready QuantaMesh Ethernet Switch?
- 3. [Switch] What is included in the QuantaMesh Network Operating System (QNOS)?
- 4. [Switch] What is the QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch (QuantaMesh BMS)?
- 5. [Switch] Which QuantaMesh Switches are recommended for the Open Compute Project (OCP)?
- 6. [Switch] Which items are included in the package of a QuantaMesh Switch?
AMAX Engineering Corp. - Reseller / System Integrator
1565 Reliance Way, Fremont, CA 94539
Toll-Free (800) 800-6328
Avnet, Inc. - Distributor
2580 Junction Avenue, San Jose, CA 95134
BlueChipTek - Reseller / System Integrator
3350 Scott Blvd. #64, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Colfax International - Reseller / System Integrator
750 Palomar Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94085
Continental Resources - Reseller / System Integrator
175 Middlesex Turnpike Suite 1 | P.O. Box 9137 Bedford, MA 01730-9137
Daystrom - Reseller / System Integrator
225 Cabrillo HWY S Suite 103D. Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
Genstor - Reseller / System Integrator
1501 Space Park Drive, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Toll-Free 877-25 SERVER
HPM Networks, Inc. - Reseller / System Integrator
6700 Koll Center Parkway, Suite 250 Pleasanton, CA 94566
Phone (925) 965-0700
International Computer Concepts - Reseller / System Integrator
300 Wainwright Dr, Northbrook, IL 60062
Ma Labs - Distributor
2075 North Capital Avenue, San Jose, CA 95132
Myriad Supply Company LLC - Reseller / System Integrator
22 West 19th Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10011
RackLive - Reseller / System Integrator
645 National Ave Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone (650) 230-8060
Redapt Inc. - Reseller / System Integrator
12226 134th CT NE, Building D, Redmond, WA 98052
SHI International Corp. - Reseller / System Integrator
290 Davidson Avenue, Somerset, NJ, 08873 USA