The Next Wave Data Center Rack Management Switch
Data center networks face changes with hardware and meeting the requirements of the software it hosts. Quanta Cloud Technology provides a series of Bare Metal Switches, the QuantaMesh BMS product line, that addresses these changes in the data center market. The QuantaMesh BMS product lines support speeds up to 100G speeds on their Ethernet Switches. To meet the requirements of high performance, high availability, fast scale out, low latency performance, and continuous serviceability in data center applications, the QuantaMesh BMS product line is the best choice.
BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) embedded on the server as the core of the Intelligent Platform Management Interface (IPMI) architecture can now be implemented in the Ethernet switch. In addition to providing health monitoring of the temperature, power status, and cooling fans; BMC also aids in the deployment and management of software and hardware peripherals.
QuantaMesh T1048-LY4R supports 48 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T and 4 1/10G SFP+ ports equipped with BMC in a compact rack unit size. T1048-LY4R plays a management role in a server rack with not only Ethernet switch functions but also IPMI 2.0 compliance. With ONIE (Open Network Installation Environment) pre-loaded it can be used with any OS which supports the ONIE installer to achieve agile installation and fast response for today’s IT demands.
48 10/100/1000BAE-T and 4 1/10GbE SFP+ ports
Out-of-band management port:
1 x RJ-45 (10/100/1000BASE-T)
1 x SFP (1000BASE-X)
|Maximum forwarding rate||
Broadcom StrataXGS Hurricane2
Intel Atom Processors
|Serial over LAN|
|Health status and hardware monitoring|
|PEF and PET|
|Watchdog and system re-start|
|Redundant power supply||
T1048-LY4R 1 + 1 PSU: 6.04kg(NET)
T1048-LY4R Single PSU: 5.57kg (NET)
90% maximum relative humidity
66 watts (100% fan duty)
UL, cUL, CB
|Supported Optics and Cables|
|Supported Optics and Cables||
1000BASE-T: Cat 5e and Cat 6A (100m/330 ft)
DAC cable (SFP+): 0.5m, 1m, 1.5m, 2m, 2.5m, 3m, and 5m
AOC cable (SFP+, 850nm, MMF): 1m, 3m, 7m, 10m, 20m, and 100m
10G optic (SFP+, LC, 850nm, MMF): 10GBASE-SR optic
10G optic (SFP+, LC, 1310nm, SMF): 10GBASE-LR optic
BMS T1048-LY4R (1LY4BZZ0STA) (Front to Back, 1+1 PSU, rail kit included)
BMS T1048-LY4R(1LY4BZZ0STB) (Back to Front, 1+1 PSU, rail kit included)
BMS T1048-LY4R (1LY4BZZ0STE) (Front to Back, single PSU, rail kit included)
BMS T1048-LY4R(1LY4BZZ0STF) (Back to Front, single PSU, rail kit included)
BMS T1048-LY4R (1LY4BZZ0STG) (Front to Back, 1+1 PSU, rail kit included, Rangeley with CL OS pre-loaded, US only)
BMS T1048-LY4R(1LY4BZZ0STH) (Back to Front, 1+1 PSU, rail kit included, Rangeley with CL OS pre-loaded, US only)
BMS T1048-LY4R (1LY4BZZ0STI) (Front to Back, single PSU, rail kit included, Rangeley with CL OS pre-loaded, US only)
BMS T1048-LY4R(1LY4BZZ0STJ) (Back to Front, single PSU, rail kit included, Rangeley with CL OS pre-loaded, US only)
Installation / Setup Tips (5)
- 1. [Switch] Can Cumulus Linux runs on QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch?
- 2. [Switch] Can I change the Network Operating System (NOS) on the QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch?
- 3. [Switch] Can I replace the power supply unit (PSU) and fan to a different direction airflow by myself?
- 4. [Switch] The redundant power supply unit (PSU) in QuantaMesh Switch.
- 5. [Switch] Why did the ports suddenly go down on QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch with evaluation license of QuantaMesh Network OS ?
- 1. [Switch] How can I evaluate the QuantaMesh Network OS (QNOS) on the QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch?
- 2. [Switch] What is SDN-ready QuantaMesh Ethernet Switch?
- 3. [Switch] What is included in the QuantaMesh Network Operating System (QNOS)?
- 4. [Switch] What is the QuantaMesh Bare Metal Switch (QuantaMesh BMS)?
- 5. [Switch] Which QuantaMesh Switches are recommended for the Open Compute Project (OCP)?